- Bacteria – Friend or Foe?
- What is Gut Flora (Gut Microbiota)?
- What damages the Gut Flora Balance?
- Importance of Gut Flora Balance –
- All Diseases Begin in the Gut
- Probiotics – What is it?
- Benefits of Probiotic (Bacteria)
- Prebiotics – What is it?
- Probiotic vs. Prebiotic – Which one to choose?
Benefits of Probiotic (Bacteria)
Probiotic microorganisms are known for their ability to greatly aid the digestive system. On the most basic level, improving the manner in which the body breaks down food certainly has scores of benefits associated with it. Many different disorders can be treated through the use of probiotics, such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea;
- Improving bone health and mineral absorption, synthesis of B-complex vitamins and vitamin K;
- Preventing allergy and infant eczema;
- Preventing fungal, urinary tract and yeast infection;
- Reducing bad breath and body odour;
- Promoting hormonal balance;
- Promoting stronger immune system;
- Lowering risk of cancer.